Chatham: Event Information
Chatham Capitol Theatre; March 30 - April 2, 2023
*Please check back as we approach the competition for updates.
- Chatham Capitol Theatre, 238 King Street West, Chatham, ON N7M 1E7
- The building will open 1 hour prior to the first performance of the day
- approximately 35’ deep x 37’ wide.
- To access the theatre loading docks, continue to Third Street and turn left. The theatre parking/loading docks will be on your left hand side.
- There are over 900 pay parking spaces within several blocks of the Chatham Capitol Theatre.
- Please note that many meters only accept change and do not accept debit or credit.
- There is no parking specifically assigned to the Theatre so please have parents come EARLY (there are several pay parking lots behind the theatre). The Civic Centre nearby also has parking after 5pm.
- Studios will be assigned dressing rooms. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing this space.
- To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
- Parents -- please pack-up all belongings from changerooms if you are leaving after the awards to make room the incoming dancers.
- An area will be designated as rehearsal for all dancers to share.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise. Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
** Info Coming Soon **
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,160 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event.