Announcer & Music Operator
We're looking for an Announcer to enthusiastically introduce each performance and make all announcements to the Shine audience
- Keep a relaxed and energetic tone "on mic" throughout each competition day (approx. 150-200 performances per day)
- Follow scripts, but also be comfortable with improvising, as necessary
- Maintain time schedule
- Keep track of schedule changes to ensure accurate announcements
- Set up the audio and music equipment for the competition – you’ll be fully trained.
- Perform sound checks for music and mics before the competition begins and at the beginning of each day.
- A+ customer service with Studios regarding their music requests
- Anticipate any missing music prior to the performance
- Play each performance’s music (every 3min)
- Stay calm and collected throughout the event while also taking and implementing any feedback
- Remain positive and energetic over long hours (6:00am – 11pm)
- Remain flexible if asked to perform other responsibilities
- Must be a team player and customer service oriented
- Attention to detail is a must
- Aid in the take-down of each event and help pack the truck (1-2 hours). Ability to lift 30lbs.