*Please check back as we approach the competition for updates.
Address: 100 Laurier Street; Gatineau ON J8X 4H2
Stage Dimensions: approximately 29’ deep x 40’ wide
Loading Dock: There is a loading dock behind the theatre which can be accessed off Laurier Street. Unfortunately, this is not a parking area – and once you have finished loading/unloading, please move your truck.
Pay parking is available at the Museum of Civilization. Parking Fees are presently:
- $1.75 per 1/2h up to a maximum of $10
- $5 flat rate after 6pm
- No “in-and-out” privileges
- Cube trucks will not fit in this parking lot and must find street parking
**NOTE: Fees are subject to change.
- All dressing rooms will be assigned based on the room availability at the Museum.
- The Boys dressing room and ‘Quick Changes’ room will be backstage.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regards to sharing the space.
Rehearsal area: Dancers may practice in the hallways outside the Ateliers (as long as no school programs are in progress) and outside the Theatre.
*NOTE: the Museum has a ‘shoe policy’ whereby dancers must wear shoes when walking between the changerooms and the Theatre. This is done for the dancers’ safety and we appreciate your cooperation.
*subject to change
- The lobby across from the Theatre has an Express Café with fresh made sandwiches and salads, hot dogs, popcorn and a variety of beverage options. They will remain open from 8:30am – 8:30pm.
- The Voyageurs Cafeteria, found in the Museum, offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks. They are open from 7:30am on weekdays and 9:30am on the weekends until 4:30pm.
Shine Dance Competitions is excited to continue our commitment to charity by once again implementing our Canned Food Drive! Shine will be collecting non-perishable food at each competition and donating it to a charity.