Ambassador Conference Resort, Kingston
IMPORTANT PROP NOTE:
*Please read carefully to ensure this venue is appropriate for your performances.
- A professional raised stage will be built. Wings are approximately 4 feet wide.
- There are 2 chandeliers that hang above the stage approximately 19′ back from the front of the stage, and 9′-11′ from the wings. The center 18’w x 32’d of the stage is not affected by the chandeliers.
- Stage Floor to ceiling height when NOT under a chandelier is 12′ 10″
- Stage Floor to max. height when standing directly under a chandelier: 7’6″
- *Please take this into consideration with regards to props.*
Address: 1550 Princess Street, Kingston, ON K7M 9E3
Stage Dimensions: approximately 32’ deep x 32’ wide.
- A professional raised stage will be built and installed in the Conference Room. An Adagio floor appropriate for Tap will be laid. Wings are approximately 4 feet wide.
- PROP/LIFTS NOTE: The maximum height for props is 7 feet, as there are chandeliers that hang above the stage. Please contact us if you have questions about your props.
Loading Dock: there are doors close to the Grand Ballroom that can be used as a loading dock. They can be accessed by driving around the South Side of the Ambassador Conference Resort.
Note: There is no space to store props. Once you are finished with the prop, please remove them immediately.
Parking: There is free parking at the Ambassador Conference Resort.
Dressing Rooms: All dressing rooms will be assigned.
Rehearsal area: A Conference Room will be designated as a rehearsal area for all dancers to share.
Pool: "Non-Guests" of the hotel may pay an $8 fee per day to access the pool during the following hours:
- Wednesday – Friday: 4pm-7pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am-4pm
Shine Dance Competitions is excited to continue our commitment to charity by once again implementing our Canned Food Drive! Shine will be collecting non-perishable food at each competition and donating it to a charity.