Canadian Museum of History, Gatineau
*Dancers should have shoes/flip flops to walk around the museum. They cannot go barefoot.
*Please check back as we approach the competition for updates.
Address: 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, QC J8X 4H2
Stage Dimensions: approximately 29’ deep x 40’ wide
Loading Dock: There is a loading dock behind the theatre which can be accessed off Laurier Street. Unfortunately, this is not a parking area – and once you have finished loading/unloading, please move your truck.
Pay parking is available at the Museum of Civilization from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday. Parking Fees are presently:
- $2.75 per half hour up to a daily maximum of $13
- No “in-and-out” privileges
- Cube trucks will not fit in this parking lot and must find street parking
**NOTE: Fees are subject to change.
There is additional parking on the streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
- All dressing rooms will be assigned based on the room availability at the Museum.
- The Boys dressing room and ‘Quick Changes’ room will be backstage.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing the space.
Rehearsal area: Dancers may practice in the hallways outside the Ateliers (as long as no school programs are in progress) and outside the Theatre.
*NOTE: the Museum has a ‘shoe policy’ whereby dancers must wear shoes when walking between the changerooms and the Theatre. This is done for the dancers’ safety and we appreciate your cooperation.
*subject to change
- The Panorama Café is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday, and offers fresh-made sandwiches, hot dogs, snacks, pastries, coffee/tea and cold drinks.
Shine Dance Competitions is excited to continue our commitment to charity by once again implementing our Canned Food Drive! Shine will be collecting non-perishable food at each competition and donating it to a charity.