Belleville: Event Information
The Empire Theatre; April 11 - 14, 2024
- The Empire Theatre, 321 Front St, Belleville, ON K8N 2Z9
- The building will open 1 hour prior to the first performance of the day
- approximately 30’ deep x 30’ wide. Max Height for aerial rig: 14'
IMPORTANT PROP NOTE
*Please make arrangements for props to be removed after your dances. There is no prop storage space available in the Theatre.
- The dock loads directly onto the stage – so we ask all major props only be loaded right before a performance; and be removed right after.
- The theatre loading dock is located at the back of the building and is accessible from both Front Street and Pinnacle Street.
- Please see diagram below:
- Please ensure you have adequate staff to prep your props for easy load-in and load-off the stage. Heavy items should be on dollies to avoid scratching the dance floor. Props can be pre-assembled in the loading dock and then wheeled onto the stage. We want to keep to our time-schedule so dancers are dancing as scheduled.
Thank you everyone for your combined efforts as we know this takes a lot of time and coordination!!
- There is a free parking lot adjacent to the theatre – please see image above.
- All dressing room space will be shared between studios as it's very limited.
- We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing this space.
- To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
- Parents -- please pack-up all belongings from change rooms if you are leaving after the awards to make room the incoming dancers.
- Unfortunately, there is no rehearsal area available for this event. Please plan accordingly.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise. Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
Hotel Name: Best Western Belleville
For Dates: April 11 – 14: The Empire Theatre, Belleville
|Block Booking Under||
Shine Dance Competitions Group #2849
For booking link please click here
|Address (See map)||387 N Front St, Belleville, ON K8P 3C8|
|Rate (taxes not included)||$135|
|Group Booking Ends||March 10th, 2024|
|Cancellation Policy||24 hours prior to arrival.|
|Check-In/Out||Check-in: 3:00pm / Check-out: 11:00am|
|Driving Distance From Venue (approx.)||7 mins drive|
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- We may run up to 15min early from the scheduled times.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,825 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event.
- In an effort to keep your studio’s identity from the judges during performances, we ask that you please cover your studio logo when placing props on the stage.
- Your dancers are certainly encouraged to wear their studio attire during awards ceremonies.
- Your costume should not contain your Studio Name*
- Substances which alter the condition of the stage, and may affect the dancing surface for other competitors are prohibited (e.g. tossing sparkles, baby powder, water/liquid, body paint, etc.). If it cannot be easily swept off the stage quickly, it should not be put on the stage.
- If the stage is littered after your performance (ex: feathers, paper etc.). you must be ready for immediate removal of the items. We will have a flat broom backstage.
- Helium balloons are not to be released on-stage as it is costly to get them down and they may pop during another performance if left on the ceiling. They may be used if they are on a weight and not released.
- Released balloons may result in a deduction or the routine being ‘adjudicated only’
Judges Info Coming Soon!