Gatineau #1: Event Information
Canadian Museum of History; March 23 - 26, 2023
- Dancers should have shoes/flip flops to walk around the museum. They cannot go barefoot.
- Please check back as we approach the competition for updates.
- Canadian Museum of History, 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, QC J8X 4H2
The building will open 1 hour prior to the first performance of the day
- approximately 29’ deep x 40’ wide
- There is a loading dock behind the theatre which can be accessed off Laurier Street. Unfortunately, this is not a parking area – and once you have finished loading/unloading, please move your truck.
- Pay parking is available at the Museum of Civilization from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday.
- There is additional parking on the streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
- All dressing rooms will be assigned based on the room availability at the Museum.
- The Boys dressing room and ‘Quick Changes’ room will be backstage.
- To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
- Parents -- please pack-up all belongings from changerooms if you are leaving after the awards to make room the incoming dancers.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing the space.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise.
- Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
- Dancers may practice in the hallways outside the Ateliers (as long as no school programs are in progress) and outside the Theatre.
*NOTE: the Museum has a ‘shoe policy’ whereby dancers must wear shoes when walking between the changerooms and the Theatre. This is done for the dancers’ safety and we appreciate your cooperation.
** Coming Soon **
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,160 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event
** Coming Soon **