Colborne: Event Information
The Keeler Centre; May 9-12, 2024
- 80 Division St, Colborne, ON K0K 1S0
- approximately 32’ deep x 40’ wide; wings are approximately 8-12 feet wide.
- Max Height for aerial rig: 15'
*A professional raised stage will be built and installed in the arena. An Adagio floor appropriate for Tap will be laid.
- Upon entry to the parking lot, proceed down the south (left) side of the facility. The loading dock will be at the west (rear) side of the building.
- The Keeler Centre offers plenty of parking spaces just outside the facility.
- Please ensure you have adequate staff to prep your props for easy load-in and load-off the RAISED stage. Heavy items should be on dollies to avoid scratching the dance floor. Props can be pre-assembled in the loading dock and then wheeled onto the stage. We want to keep to our time-schedule so dancers are dancing as scheduled.
- Keep all props neatly packed to ensure room for all Studios. Props will be stored in the loading area.
Thank you everyone for your combined efforts as we know this takes a lot of time and coordination!!
- We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing the space.
- To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
- Info coming soon.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise. Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
Hotel Name: Best Western Plus Cobourg
For Dates: May 9 - 12: Keeler Centre, Colborne
|Block Booking Under||
To make reservations click HERE
|Address (See map)||930 Burnham St, Cobourg, ON K9A 2X9|
|Phone||905-372-2105 quote "Shine Dance" when booking|
2 Queen Beds: $152.98 (taxes not included)
|Group Booking Ends||April 10th, 2024|
Participants have until 72 hours before their respective arrival for any changes/cancellations.
|Check-In/Out||Check-in: 4:00pm / Check-out: 11:00am|
|Restaurant on site?||Yes|
|Driving Distance From Venue (approx.)||21 min|
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- We may run up to 15min early from the scheduled times.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,825 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event.
- In an effort to keep your studio’s identity from the judges during performances, we ask that you please cover your studio logo when placing props on the stage.
- Your dancers are certainly encouraged to wear their studio attire during awards ceremonies.
- Your costume should not contain your Studio Name*
- Substances which alter the condition of the stage, and may affect the dancing surface for other competitors are prohibited (e.g. tossing sparkles, baby powder, water/liquid, body paint, etc.). If it cannot be easily swept off the stage quickly, it should not be put on the stage.
- If the stage is littered after your performance (ex: feathers, paper etc.). you must be ready for immediate removal of the items. We will have a flat broom backstage.
- Helium balloons are not to be released on-stage as it is costly to get them down and they may pop during another performance if left on the ceiling. They may be used if they are on a weight and not released.
- Released balloons may result in a deduction or the routine being ‘adjudicated only’