Gatineau #1: Event Information
Canadian Museum of History; March 21 - 24, 2024
- The Museum has a ‘shoe policy’ whereby dancers must wear shoes when walking between the changerooms and the Theatre. This is done for the dancers’ safety and we appreciate your cooperation.
- Please check back as we approach the competition for updates.
- Canadian Museum of History, 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, QC J8X 4H2
- The building will open 1 hour prior to the first performance of the day
- approximately 29’ deep x 40’ wide
- There is a loading dock behind the theatre which can be accessed off Laurier Street. This is not a parking area – once you have finished loading/unloading, please move your truck.
- Please ensure you have adequate staff to prep your props for easy load-in and load-off the stage. Heavy items should be on dollies to avoid scratching the dance floor. Props can be pre-assembled in the loading dock and then wheeled onto the stage. We want to keep to our time-schedule so dancers are dancing as scheduled.
Thank you everyone for your combined efforts as we know this takes a lot of time and coordination!!
- Pay parking is available at the Museum of Civilization from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday. www.historymuseum.ca/
- There is additional parking on the streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
- All dressing rooms will be assigned based on the room availability at the Museum.
- The Boys dressing room and ‘Quick Change’ room will be backstage.
- Some sessions will get very busy. To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regard to sharing the space.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise.
- Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
- Dancers may practice in the hallways outside the Ateliers (as long as no school programs are in progress) and outside the Theatre in the main lobby.
Hotel Info Coming Soon!
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- We may run up to 15min early from the scheduled times.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop!
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,160 lbs of food!!
- Please bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event
- Tag us in your favourite photos from the event and you could be featured in our Stories! @shinedancecompetitions
- In an effort to keep your studio’s identity from the judges during performances, we ask that you please cover your studio logo when placing props on the stage.
- Your dancers are certainly encouraged to wear their studio attire during awards ceremonies.
- Your costume should not contain your Studio Name*
- Substances which alter the condition of the stage, and may affect the dancing surface for other competitors are prohibited (e.g. tossing sparkles, baby powder, water/liquid, body paint, etc.). If it cannot be easily swept off the stage quickly, it should not be put on the stage.
- If the stage is littered after your performance (ex: feathers, paper etc.). you must be ready for immediate removal of the items. We will have a flat broom backstage.
- Helium balloons are not to be released on-stage as it is costly to get them down and they may pop during another performance if left on the ceiling. They may be used if they are on a weight and not released.
- Released balloons may result in a deduction or the routine being ‘adjudicated only’