Kingston: Event Information
St. Lawrence College; May 23-26, 2024
- St. Lawrence College, 100 Portsmouth Ave, Kingston, ON K7L 5A6
- Use the "MAIN ENTRANCE" to enter the building -- P1 parking.
- approximately 32’ deep x 40’ wide; wings are approximately 8-12 feet wide.
- *A professional raised stage will be built and installed in the gym. An Adagio floor appropriate for Tap will be laid.
- Props can be loaded in through the athletics roll-up garage situated at Door E46. There is enough space to unload all your props at once and arrange them neatly out of the way of the dancers.
- The access to the Loading Dock doors are a little hidden and it’s not signed well on the campus. Leave extra time to find it in case you miss the entrance.
- Enter the college parking lot off country club drive,
- Follow the parking lot past the residence, and past the athletics centre, where the door will be on the right.
- This path in indicated on the map.
- The door is labelled “E46”
- We have been granted privileges to use the loading dock door -- and must not leave it open when not in use. Thank You.
- There is onsite parking available around the college. Daily permits for Thursday and Friday can be purchased through:
- at the Honk Kiosk located outside the security office on each campus;
- or via the Honk Mobile app.
- ***All vehicles must be registered electronically for parking Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.. No exceptions.
- If you do not have the Honk app on your phone, Honk stations will be available inside the main entrance for quick and easy use and payment.
- The pay stations as you enter the parking lots are out of service until further notice as a health and safety measure as they cannot be cleaned after every use.
- Parking is free on Saturday and Sunday.
- Please ensure you have adequate staff to prep your props for easy load-in and load-off the stage. Heavy items should be on dollies to avoid scratching the dance floor. Props can be pre-assembled in the loading dock and then wheeled onto the stage. We want to keep to our time-schedule so dancers are dancing as scheduled.
Thank you everyone for your combined efforts as we know this takes a lot of time and coordination!!
- All Studios will be in one dressing room. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with regards to sharing this space.
- To avoid congestion:
- Have hair/make-up done.
- please vacate when the room is not needed.
- The room is carpeted. If the College feels we are not keeping it clean and respecting the space, we will not be allowed to rent the space in the future.
- An area will be designated as rehearsal for all dancers to share.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise. Please note that we will be accepting credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
- Various options will be available daily (examples: Tim Hortons, Pita Pit, "the Grill" (sandwiches), on-site restaurant "St. Larry's".
Hotel Info Coming Soon!
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- We may run up to 15min early from the scheduled times.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,160 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event
- In an effort to keep your studio’s identity from the judges during performances, we ask that you please cover your studio logo when placing props on the stage.
- Your dancers are certainly encouraged to wear their studio attire during awards ceremonies.
- Your costume should not contain your Studio Name*
- Substances which alter the condition of the stage, and may affect the dancing surface for other competitors are prohibited (e.g. tossing sparkles, baby powder, water/liquid, body paint, etc.). If it cannot be easily swept off the stage quickly, it should not be put on the stage.
- If the stage is littered after your performance (ex: feathers, paper etc.). you must be ready for immediate removal of the items. We will have a flat broom backstage.
- Helium balloons are not to be released on-stage as it is costly to get them down and they may pop during another performance if left on the ceiling. They may be used if they are on a weight and not released.
- Released balloons may result in a deduction or the routine being ‘adjudicated only’