Peterborough #1: Event Information
Showplace Performance Centre; April 18 - 21, 2024
IMPORTANT PROP NOTE
*Please make arrangements for props to be removed after your dances. There is no prop storage space available in the Theatre.
IMPORTANT CHANGEROOM NOTE
*Please use the Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel changeroom space as much as possible to alleviate changeroom space in the Theatre.
- ShowPlace Performance Centre, 290 George Street North, Peterborough, ON K9J 6Y8
- The building will open 1 hour prior to the first performance of the day
- approximately 30’ deep x 38’ wide
There is no parking directly linked to the ShowPlace Theatre. The ShowPlace website has parking options listed: https://www.showplace.org/visit
- Please leave adequate time for parking in the event lots are full.
- Located off of Water St. (1 block east of George Street). The dock loads directly onto the stage. All large props can only be loaded right before a performance. The dock is 18” above pavement, 94” high and 93” wide (with no centre post).
- Please ensure you have adequate staff to prep your props for easy load-in and load-off the stage. Heavy items should be on dollies to avoid scratching the dance floor. Props can be pre-assembled in the loading dock and then wheeled onto the stage. We want to keep to our time-schedule so dancers are dancing as scheduled.
- Props must be removed immediately after performances as there is no prop storage space backstage.
- All smaller props must be brough in the front doors (back doors will be locked for the safety of the dancers).
- Only bring in props during the break before your performance and remove them once you are done.
Thank you everyone for your combined efforts as we know this takes a lot of time and coordination!!
**Dressing room space is LIMITED and is for everyone to Share** Dancers should come prepared (with make-up done) so unnecessary time is not spent in these rooms. Once they are done performing, it would be helpful if dancers removed their items to make room for new performers.
We do not assign the rooms as it is more efficient for everyone to find free space. Please do not “claim” a room for your Studio and remain respectful of all participants' needs to change.
Two rooms at the Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel have been rented for additional dressing room space. The Peterborough Inn is a 30sec walk from the Theatre at 312 George St. N. This is a great place for dancers who do not have quick changes and is highly encouraged to alleviate the congestion in the Theatre Change Rooms.
As a reminder – it is not appropriate for males to be in the girls’ dressing areas. They will have their own assigned dressing room which can be accessed from backstage on the side of Stage Right.
- The main dressing room area will be split for rehearsal.
- This area is very limited and we thank you in advance for sharing.
- Our Shine Shop will be in full operation to get your Shine Dance Merchandise. Please note that we will be accepting only credit or debit cards -- we will not be accepting cash.
Hotel Info Coming Soon!
- Programs will be made available for download, free of charge, through our website approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Programs will not be sold at the event.
- We may run up to 15min early from the scheduled times.
- Every dancer receives a custom Shine Awards Pin to display your ribbons on your Team Jacket! We’ve got one per dancer, so please make sure you pick it up at the Shine Shop.
- This event will have a live stream available through our website
- A code to watch will be provided soon
- We are very excited to continue our annual Food Drive where all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. To date, we have collectively raised 22,160 lbs of food!!
- Please remind your dancers to bring at least 2 items of non-perishable food for our drive.
- As a reminder, your entry fees now include all your Studio's photos and videos!
- Media will be available approximately 1 week after the event.
- In an effort to keep your studio’s identity from the judges during performances, we ask that you please cover your studio logo when placing props on the stage.
- Your dancers are certainly encouraged to wear their studio attire during awards ceremonies.
- Your costume should not contain your Studio Name*
- Substances which alter the condition of the stage, and may affect the dancing surface for other competitors are prohibited (e.g. tossing sparkles, baby powder, water/liquid, body paint, etc.). If it cannot be easily swept off the stage quickly, it should not be put on the stage.
- If the stage is littered after your performance (ex: feathers, paper etc.). you must be ready for immediate removal of the items. We will have a flat broom backstage.
- Helium balloons are not to be released on-stage as it is costly to get them down and they may pop during another performance if left on the ceiling. They may be used if they are on a weight and not released.
- Released balloons may result in a deduction or the routine being ‘adjudicated only’